Position Description - Library IT Support Technician
The primary purpose of this position is to provide desktop, network, and peripheral support services to public libraries in the Southeastern region of Wisconsin. Working under the supervision of the Lakeshores Library System (LLS) Administrator and IT Manager, the Library IT Support Technician implements a program of local IT support services offered to the member libraries of LLS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configuring, deploying and managing arrays of windows-based pc's;
- Configuring, deploying and managing local area network equipment;
- Configuring, deploying and managing peripheral hardware such as barcode scanners, receipt printers, credit card swipers, etc.;
- Occasional management of basic windows servers;
- Learning & supporting auxiliary software used by LLS member libraries;
- Staffing of the LLS helpdesk service;
- Performing scheduled and impromptu on-site work visits;
- Performing scheduled and impromptu remote troubleshooting;
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicating with member library directors and staff via email, telephone, and in-person;
- Implementing the program of local IT support under the orchestration of the IT manager;
- Contributing to ongoing evaluation and improvement of the services and service quality of LLS.
- Performing other assignments as required.
- A flexible, service-oriented mindset;
- Aptitude for tackling technology-related problems;
- Good judgment;
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with member library directors and staff;
- Ability to prioritize work and meet goals set by LLS IT Manager and Administrator;
- Completed or in-progress Associate’s Degree or higher in IT, computer support, network support, computer science, or related equivalent field of study.
- 1+ years of desktop, network, or general IT support work.
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License and reliable vehicle required.
Compensation & benefits:
- Competitive salary (anticipated hiring range: $18-$20 hourly)
- Generous vacation policy;
- Paid sick leave;
- Cell phone stipend;
- Health insurance;
- Life insurance;
- Participation in Wisconsin Retirement System;
- Conference & continuing education funding;
- Flexible hours and comp time;
- Reimbursement at IRS rate for mileage and qualifying expenses;
- Significant training opportunities;
- Working in an environment where the services you provide make a difference, are valued by the libraries we serve, and are a “public good”.
To Apply for the Position:
Please apply for this position by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. First consideration of applications will begin on February 26th, 2018. The position will remain open until filled.