LLS is Hiring!
Lakeshores Library System (LLS) seeks a service-oriented individual to join our organization in late 2017. This individual would, as part of a team, be responsible for learning, developing, deploying and coordinating a broad range of technology-related services and programs. An ideal skill-set would include both “hard” IT skills and “soft” interpersonal skills. Average days are spent on a wide range of projects and work, including:
- Troubleshooting network hardware or PC’s;
- Staffing our helpdesk;
- Performing policy and/or data work in a library automation system;
- Coordinating committees of librarians;
- Working with large amounts of library metadata and metadata standards;
- Creating partnerships with community organizations and stakeholder groups;
- Reinventing ourselves and our services to suit the needs of the libraries we serve.
Our ideal candidate will have a flexible, “can-do” attitude, and will be willing to jump into the immersive, often challenging (but always rewarding) environment that public library system work can be. As noted in the description of this position, we offer a supportive environment, lots of training & professional development, competitive pay and a generous benefits package.
Experience is desired, but we also encourage recent MLIS grads who are comfortable with technology and people to apply.
First review of all submitted applications will occur on or around October 3, 2017. Selected applicants will be contacted thereafter to set up an interview schedule.